Grand National 2018 betting guide and free bet offers
The dust has just about settled on Cheltenham 2018, are you ready to start gaining? Read our guide to the Grand National 2018 and learn all about how to bet on the 2018 Grand National race. Get the best Grand National free bets & bonus offers
Grand National 2018 Betting Tips
HOT! Bet £10 Get £5 play William Hill
Up to £30 play Betfair
Bet £10 Get £30 play 888sportRead the review Visit casino Review
- Bet £10 Get £30
- Double Shuffle 33/1
- New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30f - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns -Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply - full T&C’s apply
£20 risk free play Paddy PowerRead the review Visit casino Review
- £20 risk free
- New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is €20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion.
Bet £10 Get £30 play Betfred SportsRead the review Visit casino Review
- Bet £10 Get £30
- Total Recall 25/1
- Only available to new customers from UK & Northern Ireland. You must stake £10 or more at single/cumulative odds of Evens (2.0) or greater on your first bet. Free bet balance of £30 credited within 48 hours of your first bet being settled. Free Bets expire after 7 days. E-Wallet restrictions apply. Minimum 5 game rounds. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
Bet £5 Get £5 play CoralRead the review Visit casino Review
- Bet £5 Get £5
- Bet £5 Get £5
- 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Bet £5 Get £5 play Ladbrokes SportRead the review Visit casino Review
- Bet £5 Get £5
- New Players Bet £5 Get £5
- 18+. UK+IRE only. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Min first bet £5. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. Free bet credited upon placement of qualifying bet, valid for 24 hours. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply.
Betting on the Grand National 2018
The Grand National is a sporting event like no other. Once a year punters fall from the woodwork and professionals get stuck in to make this a race with more than £200 million gambled on it. It is estimated 600 million people will watch the race worldwide and more and more of that audience are placing a bet on the Grand National horse race – a unique 40-runner race featuring 30 obstacles.
With so many new punters to be reeled-in and a share of this Grand National betting bonanza to be fought over, online bookmakers churn out Grand National betting offers and tasty bonuses by the bucket load.
Combined they make the Grand National a ‘must bet’ race despite the notorious difficulty involved with finding the winner.
How to get a free bet on the Grand National 2018
Thankfully all the major online bookmakers available to UK customers not only come with Grand National free bet offers for new customers, they also feature UK Gambling Commission licensing meaning your money is safe and you will always be paid your winnings.
Furthermore finding a Grand National betting offer is very straight forward as almost every online bookmaker offers them. That’s Grand National free bets, enhanced odds, money back specials and a whole lot more.
Simply join an online sportsbook, and then click on ‘Promotions’ or ‘Offers’ and see what is available to you.
And the 2018 Grand National winner is?
The biggest question is, who will follow in the hoof prints of 2017 Grand National winner One For Arthur?
It is last year’s fourth placed finisher, Blaklion, who headed the Grand National betting lists as we head into 2018. 12/1 is available about the nine-year-old who won this season’s Becher Chase over the fabled Grand National fences in December.
Another Grand National race veteran, 2016 runner-up The Last Samuri shares the mantle of ‘second favourite’ at 25/1 with three other horses: Double Shuffle, Native River and 2017 Ladbrokes Trophy Chase winner Total Recall.
But it is the 33/1 shot Coneygree that is a truly fascinating contender. He may have turned 11 on January 1st (when all racehorses get a year older) but he has just nine chase races on his log-book and amongst them is Cheltenham Gold Cup victory in 2015 when he scored in majestic fashion.
Raced just five times since his famous victory things may have not gone exactly his way – he took a year out through injury – but Aintree, the home of the Grand National, is notorious for turning a class horses fortunes around and should he be one of the 40 Grand National runners facing the starters tape in April there is no way he will be sent off anything like ‘double-carpet’ (gambling slang for 33/1).